Transitioning your Hair Routine from Summer to Fall
Summer, for many, is our favorite time of year, but the same can’t always be said for our hair. After a chlorine and ocean-filled summer, Fall is the perfect time to give your hair a break and get it back to its optimal state before the arrival of winter, which can also often be a catalyst for drier, brittle hair with a lot more breakage due to the hard winter cold.
This fall, we want to get your hair looking and feeling it’s best with Semi di Lino, that’s why we’re sharing everything you need to know to keep your hair healthy + beautiful. All you need to do is follow some simple steps to transition your hair care routine from summer to fall.
What happens to your hair in the fall?
This season calls for cooler weather and less sunny days - both which can severely affect your beautiful mane. After likely putting your hair through the wringer in the summer months, the drop in temperature can make it hard for it to regain that necessary moisture. The muggier days also mean you're not receiving as much Vitamin D which is imperative for hair growth. Not to mention, you may have noticed more hair fall-out than usual. This time of year brings seasonal hair loss which can worsen when paired with a dry scalp and brittle ends.
How can we help prevent this?
First things first, you want to take care of your scalp and make sure you’re washing with the right products. We love our Semi di Lino Scalp line!
Overwashing your hair can strip it of all the essential oils it needs to thrive resulting in a drier scalp and more hair loss. Switching to a reparative or moisturizing shampoo and conditioner such as Semi di Lino Reparative or Nutritive will also ensure that when you do wash it, it has the right ingredients to stay nourished.
Next, you need moisture! While the right shampoo and conditioner can help immensely, a good hair mask can really take it to the next level. Using a moisturizing mask such as our Semi di Lino Nutritive Hair Mask once a week will give it much-needed moisture, prevent breakage and tangling while giving it that extra shine you need for this dull weather.
Lastly, upkeep is everything. You want to make sure you get your routine trims every 3-4 months to ensure your locks stay healthy, and you remove breakage. You also don’t want to be using too much heat, and if you’re big into heat styling, make sure to protect your hair before applying heat with our Style Stories Thermal Protector.
Ready to get your hair ready for winter?
Check out our stylist-recommended Alfaparf Milano Professional products to get your hair there.
- Semi Di Lino Moisture Nutritive Shampoo and Conditioner: These products are sulfate free with special nutri-sugars that are exclusive to this line. They’ll ensure your hair has all the tools to stay properly nourished while still cleaning effectively.
- Semi Di Lino Moisture Nutritive Mask: Remember when we mentioned locking in that moisture? This is the perfect way to do it with amazing shine complex and color care features, ensuring that your mane looks salon fresh at all times!
- Semi Di Lino Moisture Nutritive Detangling Fluid: This product is perfect for pre-styling care. Adding this before brushing and styling will help prevent breakage, brittleness, and tangling.
- Semi Di Lino Sublime Cristalli Liquidi: This is our holy grail product! You can add it pre-styling or after to add that extra shine. It’s a lightweight oil that prevents frizz while protecting against external agents and humidity ensuring protection and the glossiness of your dreams.
- Style Stories Thermal Protector: This product is perfect in case you need to add heat to your hair when styling for all those holiday events. It’s lightweight making it ideal to use on dry hair while protecting against electromagnetic frizz so you can achieve that perfect blowout.
Ciao for now, and don’t forget to tag us @AlfaparfUSA in all your selfies, so we can see how our tips and products worked out for you!